Biopac BSLBSC Biopac Student Lab Basic System
The Biopac Student Lab system is an integrated solution that allows students to record data from their own bodies, animals or tissue preparations.
Biopac Student Lab includes data acquisition system hardware, software, curriculum materials, transducers, electrodes, and accessories.
The BSL system interfaces via USB with an existing Windows or Mac OS X computer.
Online lab preparation tools, including lesson guides and multi-media presentations, prepare students before entering the lab.
Dynamic experiments with students as subjects increase interest and retention.
Students are assigned to a group and each group has access to a computer with a BSL system.
A group of 2-6 students work together to record data. Student each record data from their own body and play an active role in the lab.
A group of 4 students should complete data collection and analysis within a typical 3-hour lab period.
Lesson procedures embedded in the software and on-screen instructions guide the students through the lesson.
Students compare data and results with other students in the group and other groups in the lab.
Students can analyze the data on their own computer by downloading the analysis version of the software, which is available from the BIOPAC website.
Students can perform advanced experiments or use the system for individual research projects.
Biopac Student Lab revolutionizes how students learn the life sciences by eliminating complex setup tasks and letting them focus on learning the subject.
The BASIC System includes everything you need (except the computer) to conduct many of the most widely-studied response experiments in physiology labs.
- BSL Lessons Software 3.7
- Biopac Student Lab PRO Software 3.7
- BSL Laboratory Manual MANBSL3S
- BSL PRO Manual (Searchable PDF file)
- MP36 Data Acquisition Unit with USB Cable, DC Adapter (110V/60Hz or 220V/50Hz), and Cord (US or Euro)
- 2 x Electrode Lead Sets - SS2L
- Disposable Electrodes (100/pk) - EL503
- Abrasive Pads (10/pk) - ELPAD
You will be able to perform six of the 18 guided BSL Lessons included in the Laboratory Manual, which guides students through each step, including setup, software options, and lesson procedures.
- L01 - EMG I - Electromyography - EMG & Integrated EMG
- L03 - EEG I - Electroencephalography - Relaxation & Brain Rhythms
- L04 - EEG II - Alpha Rhythms in the Occipital Lobe
- L05 - ECG I - Electrocardiography I - Components of the ECG
- L06 - ECG II - Bipolar Leads
- L07 - EOG I - Electrooculogram - Eye Movement
Use the BSL PRO for advanced analysis and/or to create your own experiements. Choose from 60+ BSL PRO Lessons, based on the hardware options available in your lab.